Emboss Resist


Hello! So glad that you are here to visit me today!  Since I have had my fall colors out on my desk I will be sharing a few ideas with these amazing colors that make me so happy!  This is a simple card that I created with the winter woods stamp set. I heat embossed in white the group of trees on whisper white card stock.  I then did a little emboss resist. If you are not familiar with this technique it is very simple but a great reveal at the end. After heat embossing your image you sponge with ink color over the image. The image pops! 


The colors I used were pumpkin pie, so saffron and old olive. I keep the color very soft but you could add more ink if you would like  bolder color. I sprinkled a little plain water with a paint brush and then placed a paper towel on top to remove the color. The texture this adds to the background is so nice and subtle.  One little secret that I have about this card is that when I stamped the trees they were not straight and so I hid that with the big, bold greeting. You can almost always fix any mistake while stamping. No need to throw it away and start over!
Enjoy your day and spend some time coloring! Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment