Making a Porthole

 Hi Stampers! So glad that you are here! Today I said a prayer for all those who gave their lives 19 years ago in 9/11  and to all the people who lost family members on that day. With all the turmoil in our country lately I think that it is important to remember when we came together in solitude and return to that place in our hearts. I know we can do it, starting with all of us!

My card today is my attempt to make a porthole with the shaped stitched dies and the whale of a time suite.


I apologize for the picture, with the fires in Southern California we have had a smoke layer that is covering our sun and so my pictures are turning out a little darker than usual. I started with using the shaped stitched dies for the porthole shape and then used the same for the piece of whale of a time dsp. I fussy cut out a few of the sea animals to add to the scene.


Then I adhered a few sequins, covered the entire piece with a circle of window sheet. It was really hard to get a picture so that you could see the sheet.


For the rivets I used pearls that I colored with bronze stampin blend. Stampin Up does carry metallic pearls but I didn't have any and so I had to improvise. I mounted it all on in good taste dsp for the look of the inside of the boat. The foam adhesive strips worked great for the round shape of the window. This was such a fun card to make. Thank you so much for stopping by and I pray that you have a blessed day and weekend!

WHALE OF A TIME SUITE COLLECTION (ENGLISH)
                                             
                                         WHALE DONE BUNDLE (ENGLISH)

                                                                        Whale done bundle

                                           WHALE OF A TIME DESIGNER SERIES PAPER

                                                                              Whale of a time dsp


                                         COPPER FOIL SHEETS

                                                                                 Copper dsp





No comments:

Post a Comment