Watercolor Wednesday

 Hi! For the new year I have a few series that I would like to start. The first of them is Watercolor Wednesday! I love the look of watercolor and I know the only way that I can get better is to practice and so I want to share my journey with you every Wednesday. I am really excited and I hope you learn something along the way or you can always comment and let me know what I can do to improve. My first card uses the ornate style stamp set.


- I started with gold embossing the large image on Fluid 100 watercolor paper.
                     - Using painter pens and ink refills I added color to the images.
                     - I used rococo rose, highland heather, mint macaroon and daffodil delight and seaside spray.
                     - With a little scrap of watercolor paper I did a quick wash with rococo rose for the greeting from the garden wishes stamp set
                     - I mounted the watercolor panel on seaside spray that was embossed with the pinewood plank folder
                     -Behind the greeting I used some scraps from the forever gold laser dsp.

- Final touch was a few whale of a time sequins to add a little shine.


After looking at this card in a photo I realize it is missing a little more contrast to make it really pop. That is something I will have to work on. Let me know what you think,Thanks for stopping in and I hope you come back next Wednesday! 





 Coming soon! This adorable set with some really cute new dies! As a demonstrator I can preorder and so when my set arrives I will share it with you!








No comments:

Post a Comment