Global Design Project #419


Today I created a card for the Global Design Project Challenge. I used the Abundant Beauty Decorative Masks for the snowflakes and applied it to Crumb Cake Cardstock with Embossing Paste and a Palette Knives. (Make sure to clean immediately because this dries very fast!) I used the Bird's Eye View Stamp Set and the Christmas Classic Bundle for a winter scene. After I stamped all the images with Memento Black Ink on Basic White Cardstock I colored with Stampin' Blends. To add the "snow" I swiped a little Versamark Ink on the images (after I had colored them) and dipped in White Embossing Powder. I used an old paint brush to dust off powder where I did not want it. I then heated it with my Heat Tool. 


 

For more "snow" I used a Water Painter and White Ink Refill diluted with a little water and flicked it on everything. After this all dried I adhered to the card. For the sentiment I white heat embossed on craft and die cut with one of the dies from the Christmas Classic Dies. It was a little larger than I wanted and so I ran it through the die machine again however moving down the die a little to shorten the top. I hope this makes sense. This is a great way to get a different look from your dies!
Thanks so much for stopping by today! Check out all the fabulous designers cards over at Global Design Projects!


Don't forget to shop this week for all the wonderful seasonal sale items!





4 comments:

  1. This is adorable! I wish those masks were in stock, I'd get them right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know, hopefully they will return soon! They are really fun! Have a great day!

      Delete
    2. Wow! This is so sweet and lovely. so great to use a non-Christmas set in such a perfect way with the paste etc.

      Delete
    3. Thank you so much! I like to try and stretch my supplies and the birds worked perfectly!

      Delete