Welcome to my new blog


Hi and welcome to my new blog.  You will have to bare with me as I learn how to use my new blog to bring you fun new stamping ideas.  If you have any suggestions on how I can improve please do not hesitate.  I look forward to hearing from you and learning.  For my first entry I have a fun easy project using the new (to Stampin' Up) product, Brusho.  I am so excited to play with this product.  It really is fun and while playing with it I felt like such an artist.  Brusho is fine watercolor granules that when they come in contact with water spread and make beautiful colors.  For this card I kept is very simple.  I took a piece of watercolor paper and using one of the SU pattern party decorative masks, spread a thin layer of embossing paste on the paper.  I let that dry and then took my aquapainter and spread water generously all over the image. I then sprinkled the Brusho yellow all over.  The water did all the work for me. I let that dry completely and then added more water to the center because I wanted the center to have  more concentrated color and stand out a little more.  I then let that dry however it was still not dark enough for me in the center and so I added a very little amount of red.  These little granules are so potent that you do not need much.  Try adding a little and then you can always add more. I was very happy with the results at this point so I decided to keep it simple.

When I was looking for a sentiment to put on the card I immediately thought of Just Add Text stamp set.  It really spoke to me about how I was feeling after playing with this new media.  I stamped it on a white circle, that I had cut out for a previous project but hadn't used, and rubbed a little ink so that it would blend in. I mounted the card on a piece of daffodil delight paper and kept the layout very clean and simple.  I hope you enjoy this and I would love to hear any comments you may have.  Thanks for visiting and have a beautiful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment