Not typical Iris colors

I love the new iris stamp set in the annual Stampin' Up catalog that was just released.  It has so many cute sentiments and the images are so pretty, so I couldn't wait to play with it! But I wanted to make the iris's not your typical colors. So I switched it up a little. I went with one calypso coral and the other daffodil delight. What do you think? 


I thought that the flowers needed a frame around them and so I had a scrap from another project that I didn't use that would work perfect. I embossed it with the wood plank embossing folder and kept it all white. I stamped off the flower images and lightly stamped them so that it would look like there was a field of flowers behind them. I am not sure that it really comes across that way so I will have to work on that in future cards.




The "thanks" stamp has the perfect arch to frame the top of the oval, so I stamped that before I embossed the frame. Check out the Inspiring Iris stamp set in the catalog!  You will love all the images and sentiments. A great set for all occasions! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment