Paper Pumpkin Alternative

Hi Everyone!  Today I want to share a card I made with this months paper pumpkin.  It is a lovely beach centered kit and I could wait to make a fun beach scene.  Keeping with my daily color challenge I did a quick watercolor beach wash.

I had envisioned a nice beach scene in a window type card and so that is what I set out to make.  This kit has so many extra little goodies even after making all the cards so I was really excited to play.  I used an extra palm tree to frame the scene and added the sentiment (stamp from the paper pumpkin kit) and a little linen thread to the back.  I did not want the background to be white and so I added a little texture by using the pinewood planks embossing folder.

I love how this card came out. I did decide that the sky needed a little something more so I added the birds from the hightide set, I just inked up 3 of the 5 birds. I think that added just the right amount of interest. What do you think? 

(sorry this photo came out so blurry)


This card was so simple and I love how sweet it turned out. If you are interested in paper pumpkin please let me know or if you would like give it a try for a month.  There is no obligation.


This kit looks like it will be another winner!  Let me know if you have any questions. Make sure to order before July 10th!  Have a great day! Enjoy summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment