My cardinal and gold penguins


Who doesn't love a cute little penguin? I have loved penguins for as long as I could remember! So when I saw this set in the holiday catalog I couldn't pass it up! These are the cutest little guys with so much personality! I made this card for my stamp club member last week and after I made it I realized they are cardinal and gold penguins. Both my husband and I graduated from University of Southern California and our youngest is a senior there! So when I made this card and saw that I made their scarves cardinal and gold I immediately thought of USC. 


Don't these 2 just make the cutest little friends ever? They look like they are ready for a big football game, sporting their school colors. Making a card with extra sentimental meaning is always fun.
Now to get to a few things about the making of this card. One trick I found when stamping the penguins is not to press to hard on the faces because then you lose the detail of there faces.
 I wanted to add a little look of snow so I very lightly sponged the new basic pattern decorative mask (dots) with smoky slate. Very lightly is the key. I think it added a little more dimension to the card.


I also added a bow with the polka dot tulle ribbon just because I love all things that match and that matched my dots from the stencil. Also one other tip was I placed both the penguins on my block size E together. So then I was able to stamp them at the same time. That is one of the advantages of having stamps that you take on and off the blocks. You are able to combine and stamp once with a few images. 
Thank you for stopping by today and checking out what I have created.
Have a blessed day! Fight On!




No comments:

Post a Comment