Direct to paper technique

 


Hi Everyone! Can you believe that it is the last day of August? Not really sure where the month went but it went fast! I am really looking forward to fall and cooler days. I also love all fall colors and so I am excited to play with all the fall products, colors and then to start working on Christmas cards! Have you picked a favorite Christmas stamp set yet? I am getting a little ahead of myself. 
For today's card I had so much fun playing with direct to paper technique. I had forgotten about this until I saw a video that Kristina Werner had made a beautiful card using this technique. If you are not familiar it check out her video. For my card I used the tree stencil and a few of my small ink pads that I had from some of the older paper pumpkins. I think the technique works great with the small cubes ink pads.


I started with a piece of white card stock and placed the stencil down, gently swiping the ink across the openings on the stencil. I started with the lightest color. When I switched to the next color I let it over lap a little to get some mixing of color. So fun! If you have a hard time with your stencil moving you can sponge on some multipurpose liquid glue on the back, wait for it to dry and then it will be a little tacky and will stay in place. But you must let it dry or it will stick permanently. 


I am not sure why I had the little dots at the ends of the trees branches. I think that the ink kind of soaked up a little drop at the end if that makes sense. After it dried I stamped with ridiculously awesome stamp set in black ink and then cut out with the stitched so sweetly dies. I popped that up with foam dots to make it really stand out.
Thanks for stopping by, give this technique a try. It is really fun and I can't wait to make another card with it.  Also check out Kristina's cards and her fun capsule project. Have a great Monday! Stay healthy and thankful for all your blessings!




No comments:

Post a Comment