Follow the Star

 


Hi and welcome! This week I have been struggling to find creative juices. So when I get stuck in a rut I like to do something simple that takes no creative effort yet feel productive. So I have been wanting to make a card stock ring. I have a huge scrap box and I am not sure sometime which color card stock is what. So I made this ring to set on my desk as a reference.


I love the brightly gleaming dsp from last years catalog and I was so excited when they brought it back this year. I created a little scene with the peaceful nativity bundle. I also cut hills for the scene as well as used the subtle embossing folder to add a little texture. 


I didn't care for the way that the white outline stood out against the night sky and so I colored the edges with the dark night of navy stampin blend. When you look quick you do not see it as much but I think I would rather just fussy cut it next time. 


The dies in the bundle also come with a cute little star that I cut out with the copper paper. I love all the scene cards that so many other stamper make and I hope to get better at them. This was a fun try. I hope you enjoy this card and have a blessed day!

Only a few short days to order this fun set!













No comments:

Post a Comment