Watercolored Dandelions

 


Welcome to another watercolor Wednesday! Thank you for joining me. Today I am trying a messy watercolor look. Even though it is messy and looks like it should be easy, I found it a little harder than expected. It had me really wanting to control the color, however I had to let go of that and just enjoy the color doing it's own thing.


- I started by gold embossing the dandelion from the garden wishes stamp set on Fluid watercolor paper. Using my water painters I applied  a light wash of smokey slate for background color. Then I painted the flowers with bright colors making sure to use a lot of water and to intentionally go out of the lines. After the first layer dried I went over and added more concentrated color.
- After it all dried I used the sentiment from heal your heart stamp set with basic grey ink. You can get this set for FREE if you purchase $50 or more. 
Try the messy watercolor look and let me know what you think?  Do you find it challenging to be messy? Thank you again for stopping by today! Have a blessed day!




-

No comments:

Post a Comment