Watercolor Pear

 Welcome to another watercolor Wednesday! So glad that you are here. Today I have a little watercolor technique for you. I am sure most of you have done this already but it is one of my favorites. 


I watercolored the pear from the see the good stamp set. I first applied the pumpkin pie and cherry cobbler ink with the ink pads, being very careful to get just a little cobbler since I did not want to over power the pumpkin pie color. Then taking my water painter I applied ink directly to the stamp, you could also use your spritzer for this step. I then stamped it on to shimmery white cardstock. Let it dry and then hand cut it out. This is a great way to get an image appear that you watercolored it.



The background is two step blended. Tape down your basic pattern masks with painter tape and then ink blend with blending brushes apply the ink. I then took off the mask and blended the entire image to soften the colors. 


I finished with stamping the greeting on vellum card stock, make sure to wait a while since the ink on vellum takes a while to dry or you could carefully dry with your heat tool.
Let me know what is your favorite watercolor technique. Have a blessed day!

Hey Chick bundle

No comments:

Post a Comment