Simple Sunday (a day late)

 


Hello! Wanted to share my Simple Sunday card, however I just did not get it posted till now. This card created by accident. I love when that happens. I first start with the basic pattern masks and my blending brushes, I put down the dots and it just didn't look as I had envisioned. So then I started to blend color on top because I thought the stark white behind the dots was the problem.


I kept playing with several colors until I came up with a result that I liked. Moral is don't give up! I kept the sentiment really simple. First stamping the ridiculously awesome stamp set sentiment in momento ink. I think this sentiment is so awesome (excuse my pun) it is especially great because lent just began last Wednesday and I think a reminder of faith is what we all need.  I wanted it to pop just a little more and so with my stamp in the stamparatus I was able to stamp on top with versamark ink and clear embossing powder. A great tip for making a color embossed if you don't have the color embossing powder. When you heat it with the clear the color under shows through. 


This added a little element of shine and I love that the texture is raised. Thank you for stopping by and have a great day!










No comments:

Post a Comment