No line watercoloring


Hello! Today for my watercolor Wednesday I decided to give no line watercoloring a try. It was kind of a struggle but for my first time I am pretty happy with it. One thing I will remember for next time is to keep it light from the beginning. It is hard to lighten watercoloring after it dries. I used watercolor paper and stamped with sahara sand ink. I should have stamped it off so that it would be lighter. (stamping off is stamping on scrap paper and then stamping on the watercolor paper so that the image is lighter) Then I used ink refills that I had put on an acrylic block and using my water painters started to add color. I wet one petal at a time, skipping every other petal so they would not bleed. Then I would put the most concentrated ink on the inside of the petal letting the color blend out with the water. I also added lighter ink to give some dimension. 


After the petals started to dry I did go in with darker colors to add the shadows. This is when I realized my colors were to dark to start. I added a few lines of white chalk marker to give more highlights. I stamped the greeting with stazon black ink.I would highly recommend a stamparatus for the greeting since the water color paper has so much texture. I had to stamp it a few times to get the words dark and crisp. All in all I am pretty happy with this. I will give it a try again. I would recommend starting with a large image and one that had not a lot of detail. Thank you for stopping by today! Give no line watercoloring a try! Let me know what tricks you find. Have a blessed rest of your week.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment