Hand Stamped Sentiments # 387





I love blue! All shades of blue and so this was a fun color challenge! Go to hand stamped sentiments now to see what the designers have created! So many fabulous ideas. As soon as I saw the colors I immediately thought of water, sky and everything in between. And what better way to get apply the colors than with blending brushes. They blend so nicely together. I started with coastal cabana then bermuda bay and last pacific point.  Make sure to overlap the colors and start out with a very light touch. I think that really helps with the blend as well. When I finished my blending I used the largest circle die on a separate piece of basic white card stock and then stamped the greeting from the paradise palms stamp set. After it dried I ran it through with the evergreen forest embossing folder. This is retiring and so make sure to order now! It is a wonderful folder! (And it is on sale!)
I attached the mountain and fence from on the horizon dies that I cut out with black cardstock.  (I also cut out the grass die but saved that to adhere at the end.
 

One trick I used was after I die cut the circle I placed the circle on the blue blended background and drew a light circle with my pencil so that I would know where to place the mountain and fence. The grass die was attached with stampin mini dimensionals and I finished with a coastal cabana stampin write marker to emphasize part of the greeting. 
Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you find some time in your day to create something with all of these beautiful blue colors! I look forward to seeing what inspires you! Have a great day!








2 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, this is awesome, Patti! Love that blended background - and how gorgeous are the scene elements to go with! Perfect design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Heather! These colors blended so nicely! You are always so kind and I really appreciate you taking the time to comment! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete