Do you like to color?

 


Have you ever been in the mood to just color? I do all the time and one of my favorite things to color is this beautiful sunflower from the celebrate sunflower stamp set. I decided to watercolor for today so I stamped the sunflower on shimmery white cardstock with stazon black ink. After a few minutes of letting it dry I used my waterpainter and several ink refills to add color. For the petals I used daffodil delight, calypso coral and cherry cobbler. For the center I used daffodil delight, so saffron and crushed curry. After it had completely dried I used the sunflower dies to cut out. I black heat embossed the sentiment on a piece of basic white cardstock and wondered what to do with the sunflower. ( I like to heat emboss the sentiments, it never fails I always smear it and this way I can't)  I really wanted the sunflower to be the star and didn't want to add leaves that would take away from it. So I used the basic border dies to cut a piece for the where the sentiment was stamped. Used the timber 3D embossing folder to add texture to the piece. Then with the same basic border die cut a piece of perfectly penciled designer series paper to place under. The sunflower is adhered with dimensionals. Last I added a few basic rhinestones that I colored with black stampin' blends


I hope you enjoyed listening to my step by step process of how this card was created.


If you like to color with any type of medium the celebrate sunflower stamps are a must have. The large flower image is great for practicing all types of coloring.


Thanks for stopping by!








No comments:

Post a Comment