You're kind of a Big Deal!


Did you know that if you emboss on vellum (or stamp) you can color the back side? That is what I did with the waves of inspiration bundle today. I white heat embossed the large wave and then used my blending brush to swipe bermuda bay and balmy blue ink on the reverse side. I love the way that the wave looks foamy and the color popping through. Adhering vellum is sometimes difficult and I feel the easiest way is to create a frame. So I used 2 of the stitched rectangle dies and cut a frame with bermuda bay cardstock. I also adhered a piece of basic white behind the vellum so that I could use dimensionals to attach the framed piece to the card base.  
 

For the first half of the sentiment I used a trick I saw Jennifer McGuire use, she saves her thin scraps and adheres them to the back of the sentiment strip so that you do not need dimensionals that small.  This is a great tip! I adhered with multipurpose liquid glue , 4 layers of scrap paper, cutting between each one so that it would not show. Then I attached the sentiment strip to the cloud that was die cut from the waves of inspirations dies. The bird is also from the waves dies. The sentiment is from the whale done stamp set.
 Thanks so much for stopping by today.










No comments:

Post a Comment