Dancing in the Rain


Who else is just loving these cute little hippos? Have you gotten the FREE hippest hippos and hippo dies yet? With a $100 order you can pick both for FREE! Today's card I began by black heat embossing the hippo on Fluid watercolor paper so that I could watercolor it. I like to heat emboss so that when I watercolor it keeps the colors from bleeding because of the ridges from the embossed area. My method of watercoloring was very easy. I used my Stampin' write markers and my water painter. I drew a line of ink where I wanted the darkest shadow to be and then with the waterpainter pulled the ink out and as more water and less ink was being drawn out it gave a natural highlight. (if you do get to much ink, wet the area a little with the water painter and then dab with a clean paper towel to remove color.) I used the 2022 incolor Stampin' markers (Starry Sky, Orchid Oasis, Tahitian Tide and Parakeet Party) and Polished Pink from the 2021 incolors.
I wanted to create a rainy scene and so I was trying to find something to give the appearance of puddles, so when I saw the timber 3D embossing folder I had the idea to create puddles. What do you think? Is it convincing enough? I colored the "puddles" with balmy blue Stampin' blends. To create the "splashes" I used one of the hippos dies that is suppose to be grass. I also used my balmy blue Stampin' blends on the "splashes" and the water droplets along with a little wink of stella glitter brush to add some shine.

 

The puddle area and the clouds were die cut with the basic border dies and the scene panel with the stitched rectangles dies. Oh and the umbrella is from the hippo dies that I cut with a scrap piece of watercolor paper that I used on a previous project. (I had done a quick watercolor wash with parakeet party.) I liked how it matched her tutu. I had such a fun time creating this card! I hope this inspires you to give watercoloring a try. All you need is Stampin' write markers and a waterpainter. Enjoy the process! Have a wonderful day!











1 comment: