Hand Stamped Sentiments # 396

 


Hi and welcome to my card for the Hand Stamped Sentiments Challenge #396! These colors really did inspire me this week! I had so much fun playing with them, I hope you do to. I used the Celebrate with Tags bundle for the card I decided to submit. Such a multipurpose bundle. I started with a watercolor wash for the background on Fluid watercolor paper and then used the Stitched with Whimsy dies to frame the focal point.


For the candles I did a quick watercolor wash with the 3 colors and die cut. Then arranging them behind the sentiment that was die cut also with the bundle. I used white crinkled seam bind ribbon and a piece of white bakers twine to tie my bow. This bundle has 2 super fun tag dies, I used one of them however, I cut off and only used half the tag. Now I have the other tag for another card or gift.
I wanted to share with you the other cards I created with this color combo. 


For this birthday card I used the same tag bundle. This time I die cut the candles with solid color cardstock and stamped the greeting with the coordinating color ink.


A quick and easy card you could make with any colors!


For the final card I started again with a piece of Fluid watercolor paper and did ink smooshing with the 3 colors and then used the new Leaf Fall 3D embossing folder for added texture. I wanted the leaves to stand out even more and so I added water with my water painter to each leaf and then used a paper towel to absorb the color. I also flicked water on the entire panel to create the droplets and add even more texture.


For the greeting I used the banner and sentiment from the Fond of Autumn bundle. I stamped this on Fluid watercolor paper as well and added a little water to soften the lines. A little piece of linen thread behind and popped it all up with Stampin'  dimensionals.
I am really excited to see how you use these colors in your creations. Make sure to check out the HSS blog to see all the fabulous designer's creativity! Which of these 3 cards is your favorite? Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great week!














2 comments:

  1. Wow, Patti, what a great collection! I love how you worked these projects - perfect use of dies and washes - really festive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Heather! This was a fun color combo!

    ReplyDelete