Fun Technique with Snowflakes

 


For today's card I have a fun technique that I hope you will give a try. I started with 3 of the Wonderful Snowflakes, piece of basic white cardstock, blender brush and balmy blue and night of navy ink. I placed one of the snowflakes with the dull side up (shiny side facing the paper) on to the cardstock and gently ink blended the snowflake letting the ink create a shadow. The more you ink blend the darker the snowflake becomes as well as the background. One thing to note is I had to use more of a swiping motion rather than circular because the snowflake is so delicate. I moved the snowflakes around and also switched them when they were the color that I was happy with. I used mostly balmy blue and just a little of the night of navy in the center.


I finished with the greeting stamped with Night of Navy ink and a few Iridescent Rhinestone Jewels.
Share with me if you try this technique out. I think this would also work well with dies you may have in your stash. Thanks for stopping by!






Looking for more inspiration? Try paper pumpkin or if you order from me I will send you the tutorials for 12 fun cards, all created with different designers!




1 comment:

  1. Thank you for such a sweet comment! I really appreciate you taking the time to check it out!

    ReplyDelete