Taco Fiesta!

 



Hello, I am so glad you are here! I was inspired by a few cards from one of the older Stampin' Up Mini Catalogs for todays cards. I haven't played with the Taco Fiesta Stamp Set in a while and so I pulled it out. I apologize for the quality of my pictures, the sun has not been out here for a few days in Southern California and so they are a little dull. In person the colors really pop! 


The  Stampin Blends colors I used were Azure Afternoon, Parakeet Party, Pool Party and Grey Granite. I had a bunch of scraps and so I created a little banner behind the main image. I also used the Basic Border Dies, and white heat embossed the sentiment on basic black cardstock. After I took the picture and I was looking at the card I did not like the width of the paper scraps. I feel like they should have varied more, so you will see at the end of this post that I pulled the card apart and made a change. 


For the next card I used the Basics 3D embossing folder (dots) from the Online Exclusive items. You get 3 really cool embossing folders!  I created a card with a similar layout just added a little more to the center image.


I added the Linen Thread to keep the trifold closed. I loved this idea from the catalog picture that I CASE(D)! I colored a few of the other images from the stamp set and I really like how cute it came out.


Here is another view of the inside. The card still opens like a regular card it just has a little extra.


Below is the new card I created from the one above. Instead of the strips of cardstock I used Stampin' Blends to make the lines. I like how soft it made the card. What do you think? Which version do you like better?


Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you are inspired to use your old catalogs for ideas, I do all the time! Have a wonderful day!









No comments:

Post a Comment