Christmas Classic Paper Inlay

 






A fun way to add color to your cards is with inlay technique. If you are not familiar with this is very easy.  I used it for the leaves on this Christmas card. Start by die cutting ( for my card it was the large holly leaf from the Christmas Classic Bundle) 2 times. I did this once with Mossy Meadow Cardstock and once with Old Olive Cardstock.  Make sure to keep all the pieces. Then I like to adhere a little piece of washi tape or tape to the back side of the large die cut piece and then using the Take Your Pick Tool pick up the piece and gently placing it on the tape. If you do it with both pieces you will have 2 variations of the leaves. 
For the rest of this card I stamped the branch with Mossy Meadow Ink on Basic White Cardstock, stamping several times without reinking to get a fun range of color. Then added a little splatter with Water Painter and Mossy Meadow Ink Refill. For the berries I used a piece of Basic White Cardstock that I had ink blended with Berry Burst Ink, spritzed a little clean water on the piece and when dried I die cut the berries. The sentiment was stamped with Memento Black Ink.
Hope you give this fun technique a try!






No comments:

Post a Comment