Hand Stamped Sentiments #434

 


Time for a Hand Stamped Sentiments sketch challenge. This was a fun yet challenging sketch for me. Sometimes I take sketches so literally and I have a hard time just letting my creativity flow. So I challenged myself to just create and I came up with 3 cards that are loose interpretations of the sketch. 2 of them are watercolor backgrounds and one is ink blended. Not sure which I prefer. What about you?


I used the Beach Day Bundle for all of my cards and the clouds are from Waves Dies.
For this card I used the Fluid Watercolor Paper and did a wash of colors for the background. I used a few scraps of watercolor washed paper for the die cuts and the greeting is from Rustic Crate Stamp Set



This card was the ink blended card. I used the Blending Brushes to create my background, die cut the palm tree and clouds from cardstock and white heat embossed the greeting and ink blended that to make it pop. I used the Online Exclusive 1-3/4" punch to cut out.


For the last card I used a little different color palette for the watercolor washed background and again used a few scraps of watercolored paper for the die cut images. The greeting is white heat embossed on Basic Black Cardstock and I used the same 1-3/4" punch. Finished it off with a few gems.
Let me know if you think that my take on the sketch. I am so excited to see how you interpret this sketch! Please join us and submit your card today!










2 comments:

  1. I agree, I had to think a bit on this sketch as well! I love what you came up with, though! Your creativity really shined through. I like all three card equally. I couldn't choose a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jenny! I always like a challenge and this one really gave me a run for my money.

      Delete