Practice, practice, practice


This sweet baby stamp set makes the most adorable baby cards! I am officially hooked on this set. I stamped many of the images in my momento ink pad and went to town coloring them and so you may see a few more ideas in the next couple weeks. I also like that Stampin' Up has matching framelits that cut the images out for you. Makes my life so easy and so neat and clean looking as well. I have tried to master the fussy cutting however, I still need a lot of practice. I know that they said you should hold the scissors with your dominate hand and while cutting move the paper with the other. I still do not get the smooth edges that I am looking for. I will continue to practice and I am sure it will come some day, until then I will enjoy using the framelits. Another thing that I love is watercolor and I also continue to practice that. I helps to see many people out there who are so encouraging and say that practicing does help. So I continue to practice and hope to get better.  For this card I practiced a simple watercolor background. I then wanted to add a little more texture and so I used the stitched label framelit on the watercolor panel. I like how it made an additional layer of depth. I colored the baby and the swing with stampin blends. Don't forget that if you purchase the framelits with the coordinating stamp set you receive 10% off.

Here is a close up of the stitched label framelit die as well as the coloring that I did on the image. Have a wonderful crafty day!

No comments:

Post a Comment