Inspiring Iris

Wow is this set beautiful!  The possibilities are endless with it and I am so excited to share this card with you today. This card I CASED from the new Stampin' Up catalog page 124. It is an amazing resource for ideas and creative inspiration! I just changed the stamp set and colors and made it my own.


I started with a piece of watercolor paper and white heat embossed the outline of the iris's. I thought that rather than using the stamp to color them in I would watercolor them. (This set comes with stamps that fill in the colors for the stem, leaves and flowers) I did a quick watercolor on the entire panel with a messy look (not staying in the lines). I like the way that this came out. I am still trying to become better at my watercoloring and I know that it takes lots of practice!


                                         

I also looked up iris colors online to see what colors I wanted to use.  This is also a great resource for when coloring. It is fun to see all the color combinations and variety.  For this panel I decided to keep with the traditional iris colors. I stamped the solid stamp with versamark ink on the pear pizzazz card front. The new stitched nested label dies were calling my name. I have been wanting to give them a try and so I decided to use just the top half to frame my iris painting.


The card that I was looking at in the catalog had the sentiment in a straight line and so I stamped this greeting each line separate and carefully lining up using my grid paper. The piece of gingham paper is from the neutral designer series paper. I love the new designs! I also added a few of the new woven thread sequins for a little sparkle and some wink of stella on the iris flowers (however it is hard to see in the photos). Give this set a try and if you need a demonstrator (and don't have one) I would love to order this set for you! I think you will have lots of fun with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment