Love Rococo Rose


I am in love with the new in color rococo rose!  So I couldn't resist using it for the flowers in this background. After I made this card I realized that I made a card very similar a while back. I stamped the flower image from the inspiring iris stamp set. I taped the paper down because I knew that I would be using a lot of water and wanted it to be flat. It really does make a difference when you go to make the card when the watercolor paper is flat.  Since it is so thick it has a tendency to warp the whole card!


I wet the entire paper and then dropped in ink color with my aquapainter, using rococo rose, mambo melon, daffodil delight and grapefruit grove for the flowers. For the leaves I used granny apple green and old olive. I waited for this to dry completely and then did another layer of color. Then I added the small flower with seaside spray and daffodil. I didn't want that to bright and so I blotted it to make it very light. Then a few splatters of color and I was done.


The greeting was white heat embossed and punched out with the pretty label. I am also super obsessed with the new woven threads sequins assortment.  The colors are beautiful! Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment