TGIF Christmas Challenge


http://tgifchallenges.blogspot.com/
Click here to visit them

Christmas in July? Well, I don't know about where you live but her in Southern California it does not feel like Christmas but I do love making Christmas cards. They are the most fun! I am looking forward to seeing the new Stampin' Up! holiday catalog. As a demonstrator I will get to see it tomorrow and I can't wait! (one of the great perks of being a demonstrator, preorder) Many lucky demonstrators who earned the Greece trip already have the catalog along with many of the stamps and other goodies. So I have seen lots of things online and they are all so cute, I know it will be a big preorder for me!

So for today I have made a Christmas card for the TGIF challenge. When I decided to join in on the challenge this week I realized I do not have any Christmas sets that are current and so I used my favorite punch, perennial flower punch to make my own poinsettia flower.


I punched out a few flowers in cherry cobbler and then sponged the edges to give it more dimension. Some of the flower petals I cut apart to make the flower look even fuller. I used the same punch for the leaves and scores them in half so that it would look like a vein. 


I added a little white chalk line for small reflection on the leaves and curled the flower with my bone folder. For the center I colored a few pearls with my daffodil delight dark stampin blend.


I used fine lines of wink of stella to add to the flower petals. It was really hard to get a picture of that but, it looks so pretty in person. This card was fun and a challenge to make something new with the punch. I admire all the people out there who are so creative with punches. I look forward to seeing the new holiday catalog and sharing the new sets when they arrive.  If you would like to join and receive the same benefit let me know. I would love to answer any questions you may have and now till the end of August is the best time to join! Check out the special pay only $99 and you can choose $155 worth of product from the catalog plus you will receive a coupon towards $10 to use next month! Give the TGIF a try and join them in the Christmas in July challenge. Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment