Try something new!



I love the flower and leaf dies that are in the wild rose die set so I decided to make them the star for this card. I wanted the color to  pop through the dies and so I watercolored with my ink refills and aquapainter the background. I started by placing the dies where I wanted them to go and then added the color.


The first layer of color was so pretty and I was really excited to see what the card would look like when done. I placed my dies on top and decided that I wanted to add another layer of color and make some areas a little bigger. I also added some of the seaside spray to the background to add even more dimension.


Look how pretty is this.  I thought of just keeping this without the dies but decided to make the card the way that I had planned.


The sentiment is from the inspiring iris stamp set.  I really love this sentiment and I am sure you have noticed because I use it all the time!


I wonder if I had made the die pieces with colored card stock how that would look.  Something to try in the future. I love to try new things. How about you? Sometimes you can come up with something that works and sometimes it just doesn't work.  I keep trying to tell myself that it is all just paper and ink. Try something new today and let me know what it is and if you like it. Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment