Embossing for texture


Coloring with my stampin blends is so relaxing and rewarding. Even though this stamp set has 2 other layers that you can stamp for quick and easy card, lately I have been coloring the image. I think because the petals are so nice and big it has a lot of room to color. After I have several images colored then comes the thought of what will I do with them. Sometimes I struggle with coming up with new ideas. Generally I will look through my old stampin up catalogs and find something that will work. Adding texture is something I really like to do and so when I saw an idea where they embossed the stamped image as the background I knew that was what I wanted.




I stamped one of the detail layers of the rose with versamark and heat embossed with clear embossing powder on crumb cake card stock. This added the texture and dimension that I wanted to add to the card. Because the way that I colored the flower was kind of busy I wanted to keep the rest of the card pretty simple. Where do you get inspiration for the projects that you create? Do you color your images with a project already in mind or do you color and then figure it out after? I would love to hear your thought process.  Enjoy!

Only a few days left to order. You must order by Aug 10th to get this cozy fall kit!


No comments:

Post a Comment