My own kind of masterpiece


Happy Friday! I really wanted to make a ink blended card today. So I started with my white card stock and picked my color combo, calypso coral, crushed curry, pumpkin pie, granny apple green, coastal cabana and blackberry bliss, using my sponge daubers started to blend. I am not the best at blending. I think I get to inpatient. You need to have a soft hand and slowly go over each layer. I tend to want to get the color on right away and push to hard. I was somewhat happy with the results and so I stamped my images from the high tide stamp set with staz on black ink. While I stamped the lighthouse I made a little smudge of the black ink. I should have just left it, but I thought I would try to erase it. Wrong! It took off the color from my ink blending and I was so sad.


However, I decided to try to blend a little of the color back in the spot. You can still see the mistake, yet it now is homemade looking. I still like the card and actually sent it out just the other day. Do you still keep or send cards that you make a little mistake on? I realize that not all my cards will be masterpieces, actually very few of them will be. But it is the thought and love that goes into the cards that I make! Right!?! The joy that feels the person that you thought of to make it for. So don't beat yourself up,  enjoy the process, let yourself make mistakes and embrace them. Next time I will just leave the smudge and not try to erase the blunders that I create. Have a blessed day and take time this weekend to create your own kind of masterpiece! Thank you for stopping by!








No comments:

Post a Comment