Freshly Made Sketches #436


Hello! Thank you for stopping by today. Freshly made sketches has a great sketch for this week that I just had to give a try. I wanted to make the frame a little different and so I made the frame with a piece of vellum that I cut with the rectangle stitched dies. I was not sure how I was going to adhere the vellum since it would show through but I lightly sponged multi mono purpose glue all over and attached it to the bird ballad paper that I had cut card size. I was happily surprised that the glue did not show through.



The sentiment is from the stitched all around stamp set and I used the coordinating dies to cut it out. I felt like the card needed a little bit more dimension and so I fussy cut out a few of the birds and attached them with stampin dimensionals.


Pearls were then added to add a little more dimension. I am going to really miss the bird ballad dsp, it is so pretty and I have had fun fussy cutting out some of the images. I am excited to see which of the designer papers I will love in the next catalog. Which of the dsp will you miss when they are gone? Have a great day and stay safe on the holiday tomorrow. Blessings to all of you!


6 comments:

  1. Lovely! The vellum frame is a sweet idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done! I love the vellum frame so that all the beautiful paper shows through - and the birds popped on top of it is such an eye-catching accent. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim! I am going to really miss this dsp, it is so pretty!

      Delete
  3. Lovely! One of my favorite ways to use vellum- as a subtle frame! Love those sweet, dimensional birds and the yellow flowers. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lee Ann! I love vellum also and so many times forget to use it. The birds and flowers from this paper are so sweet.

      Delete