Layered Sunflower


Welcome! How are you all doing today? Well it is the start of another week. Can you believe that it is almost July? Today I have a fun card for you. Recently I saw a beautiful card from Connie Collins, check out her amazing works of art. I love how she layered the celebrate sunflower and so I thought I would CASE her card. Although I did not put as many layers as her sunflower, I did add a few. I started by stamping on whisper white with crushed curry ink. I used my blender pen to move the ink around especially on the back petals.  I die cut the sunflower outline with crushed curry and attached it with liquid glue. I stamped the sunflower 2 more times with crushed curry.


The next layer I cut off the top layer of petals, this time I did not use the blender pen. On the last layer I stamped the greeting from the your grand stamp set in soft suede. I think the next part was the hardest part of the card. Trying to line it all back up again. 


The little petals that are right below the sentiment are a great resource for when lining up the flower petals. I used dimesionals only on the last layer.  I kept the rest of the card pretty simple. I ran a piece of white card stock through with the pinewood planks embossing folder and the bottom piece I stamped the large leaf with crumb cake.


Thank you so much for stopping by today. Give your sunflower a few layers to make it really pop. And thank you Connie for the inspiration to create this card. I love all the dimension that layering the petals gave to this card.






No comments:

Post a Comment