Watercolor Sunflowers


Welcome! Today I have put away my stampin blends and decided to give a little watercoloring a try with the celebrate sunflower stamp set.  I am still working on my watercolor skills and this was a great stamp to practice, nice and big.  I started by stamping the large sunflower with staz on ink on watercolor paper. I masked the flower with a post it note to stamp the leaves.  To make a mask just take a post it note, stamp your image, cut it out and then place it down and you are ready to stamp. Remember that you stamp first what you want in the front and then everything that goes behind.  


I used my ink refills and a paint brush to color the images. I let it dry between layers to build up the color. If you don't let it dry the colors all blend and for this image I wanted the colors to be more distinct.  After I was done with the flower I decided to try and put some clouds behind.  This is my first time trying to make clouds. I got the idea from watching Kelly at You and your big dreams.  She has a great video on creating clouds ( and hers are 100% better).


The greeting is again from the A grand kid stamp set. I am telling you, love the sentiments and also all the fonts. A tip when stamping on watercolor paper, use your stamparatus or any type of stamp positioner that you may have. To get a nice crisp image you will probably have to stamp a few times. 
Thank you for stopping by today and I hope that you learned something from my card.




No comments:

Post a Comment