Sending sunshine

 


Hi! Today I would like to send sunshine, but if you are living in Southern California where I am, you may not want it! We have been in a heat wave and more sunshine just means more heat. So luckily like everything these days it will be virtual sunshine. For the card today I decided to play with watercolor paper, ink refills and water painters (aquapainters renamed). It was fun to just play and not put any pressure on it looking any certain way. (which is a little hard to me)


This is the sun that I created. I know a preschooler could have made this, but how fun is it to just be a kid again.  I decided to cut the image in half after it dried to create 2 cards with the one painting.


The first card was kept very simple. I love the new bumblebee ink and paper color. I used the stitched rectangle dies for the greeting that I adhered with dimensionals.


Here is a close up of the greeting.


For the second card I just had a picture of the close up. I am not sure why I did not have a full size picture. Luckily it is the card in front on the first picture.  For this card I mounted it all on a piece of whisper white and cut out the greeting. I stamped the "shine" around the word "sunshine" and then mounted that with dimensionals also.  I really had a fun time created these cards. I hope that you like them and give some time to create your own sunshine. Plus it is not hot and do will not get sunburned. Stay cool if you are in So Cal and if not enjoy your cooler weather. I am looking forward to fall! Have a blessed day and thank you for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment