Valentine Watercolor

 


Hi! Welcome to my second watercolor Wednesday! Today's card does not require very much watercolor skills at all. It is a quick watercolor wash. So fun to do and I love that every time the results are different. The only hint is to pick colors that will not make mud. So that would be colors next to each other on the color wheel. For this card I picked melon mambo, highland heather and flirty flamingo.


- I started with a piece of fluid watercolor paper and attached it with blue painter tape to a piece of cardboard. I like to keep the cardboard pieces from the paper stacks for this.
- Using my water painter I put a generous amount of water down and then added the color. I let that layer dry and then added a second coat of color on top with a little less water.
- After it had all dried I splattered it with white ink refill and an old paint brush.
- Cut it out with detailed heart die and I left all the hearts in but 3. With the scraps I stamped a sentiment from ridiculously awesome in black ink and fussy cut it out.
- Punched with the heart punch a piece of vellum and made a white bow with white twine. Layering the card together all on basic white thick card stock.
Thank you for joining me today. Give the watercolor wash a try. It is really a fun way to play with color. Have a blessed day! Stay healthy and safe!










No comments:

Post a Comment