Last day World Watercolor Month

 
How can it be the last day of July already? It is also the last day of world watercolor month. For my last post of the month I am sharing a piece I just love! I started by stamping with Saddle Brown Stazon ink the Fond of Autumn stamp on Fluid Watercolor Paper. Then I did some ink smooshing. If you are not familiar with that technique you take ink and smoosh it on a slick waterproof surface, I like to use my silicone craft sheet. For this card I smooshed melon mambo, mango melody and starry sky inks. I picked those 3 colors because I knew since they were primary colors they would created a green shade with the mango melody and starry sky mix. (the only thing to be aware is if you get colors that are opposite the color wheel they will make mud) After you smoosh the ink, spritz with water and then squish the watercolor paper into the ink puddles. Lift and let it dry and then you can smoosh again. 


I smooshed this piece 3 times. After it was completely dry (not cool to the touch) I used the water painter to apply the same color inks to the stamped image. I let this dry between each layer as well. I find that I get the best results with layers of color. For the sentiment I used a piece of watercolor paper that I had previously smooshed (check out the post here) and stamped the greeting with Black Stazon ink. I used the Timber 3D embossing folder and stitched rectangle dies for the layers. Finished it off with a few brushed metallic dots
I hope that you were able to find some time to watercolor this month. I also hope that I have inspired you to give some of the fun watercolor techniques a try. Thanks so much for stopping by today!












1 comment: