TGIF Challenge #378

 


The TGIF challenge for this week is "just a few of my favorite things" and I couldn't wait to join in the fun! Not only is this month world watercolor month but that is my favorite thing! I black heat embossed on Fluid watercolor paper, the basket from the cheerful basket bundle. Using my water painter I did a light wash of crushed curry and then to darken some areas I used crumb cake refills. 
Now for the apples, recently I did some ink smooshing on watercolor paper. It was a hot mess! (see below) I did not like the way the color blended, but I saved it. I found that parts of it were perfect for my apples! So I black heat embossed the apples stamp in an area that give me delicious apples to go in my basket. I even die cut a few extra apples and stems. So glad that I saved this piece. 





For the background I used a piece of masking paper and ink blended with my blending brush, sahara sand on the bottom half, very lightly! and then removed the masking paper and adhered it to the bottom to ink blend the top with sahara sand and crumb cake gradually making the color lighter as I moved up the paper. I wanted texture on the bottom (like a table) so I put just the bottom part in my timber 3D embossing folder and ran it through. I added a shadow with my light crumb cake Stampin' blend next to the basket. The sentiment is black heat embossed and the frame is created with stitched rectangle dies.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Make sure to check out the amazing artist over at TGIF! They inspire me every week! 











No comments:

Post a Comment