No line Watercoloring Hack

 


As we come to the end of world watercolor month I have a fun technique to share with you! Let me first let you know that I am very intimidated to try no line watercoloring. If you aren't familiar with what it is let me explain. You stamp your image (usually a line drawn image) with a light color and then watercolor it so that you can't see the artist drawn lines. I have a way of cheating the no line system. No artistic talent needed. I stamp a solid image on Fluid watercolor paper (I like that best for this technique so that the water moves the best) Then I take my water painter and apply water to the entire image that I just stamped. I add a little of a darker color ink to the areas I want highlighted and then let it dry. Watching the colors bleed into each other is my favorite! 
For this card I used the Sending Smiles bundle. I stamped the flowers with blushing bride and then added the water to the stamped image and then added a little flirty flamingo to the inside of each petal. In some areas I even pulled the color out a little to help it move. I love the gradual color change! For the stem and leaves I did the same and used old olive and garden green. It is really fun to play around with colors.


For the rest of the card I used the dies for the sentiment with flirty flamingo cardstock. I used Stampin' dimensionals to adhere the flower to a stitched rectangle die cut piece of basic white cardstock that I had ran through with the stitched greenery die
I hope this inspires you to give this technique a try. Let me know how it goes. Thanks so much for stopping by and enjoy the last few days of world watercolor month!












2 comments: