Trim a Tree


You light up the season, what a beautiful sentiment! This card was a fun and quick to create. I started with the Trees for Sale stamp set on Fluid watercolor paper. and stamped off the layer of trees in the background and then full strength trees in the foreground. I used soft succulent for the solid shape and the outline shape with evening evergreen. After I stamped I went over the trees with my water painter to blend the colors out. I added the base of the trees with crumb cake ink. For the poles I used smoky slate ink and stamped right over the trees. For the greeting I wanted it to look like a banner, so I curved the sentiment on my clear block and stamped it with smoky slate and cut out in a banner design. I used the blending brush to add a little color to the edges. Before attaching the banner I stamped a few of the snowflakes with balmy blue and used the water painter to soft the color.
The background layer is embossed with the Merry Melody embossing folder. I used the same colors as my trees for the layers of color, soft succulent and evening evergreen.


I added a few of the seasonal sequins to add a little sparkle to the scene. Thanks so much for stopping by. 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment