Hand Stamped Sentiments # 418


It's time for a fun color challenge over at Hand Stamped Sentiments! These are such fun colors and I immediately thought of flowers however since I am currently obsessed with the Bird's Eye View Stamp Set it had to be used. What could be better than a Poppy Parade Bird! I wanted him to look like he was surrounded by leaves and so I stamped the bird with Memento Black Ink on Basic White Cardstock and then stamped him again on masking paper. I fussy cut him out and then adhered him to the stamped bird then when I stamped my leaves I knew that they would not overlap. After I removed the masking paper and colored my bird with Poppy Parade and Gray Granite Stampin' Blends. I decided to stamp a second wing for my bird and colored that for a fuller wing look. I adhered the second wing with a Stampin' Dimensional just slightly off set. I used the Reach For the Stars Die (large circle) to die cut and then used my blending brush with Granny Apple Green Ink to soften the edges.
I stamped the Rays of Light Background Stamp with Granny Apple Green and Coastal Cabana Ink. Softening the stamped image with my blending brushes. Die cut a few clouds with the Basic Borders Dies with Basic White Cardstock. The sentiment is from the Waves of Inspiration Stamp Set and White Heat Embossed on Coastal Cabana Cardstock. 



 


 I think this card turned out so different from what I had in my mind but I love the way it turned out! I am hoping this inspires you to play along with the fun combo of colors. 









2 comments:

  1. Lol, this is so fabulous, Patti! What a great take on our colors! Why oh why do I keep forgetting that cloud border die?? Just awesome here! I love these birds so much - so fun to color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Heather! Yes, use the cloud die and you will use it all the time! One of my absolute favorite! Yes Birds Eye View is one of my new favorite!

    ReplyDelete