Bird at the beach

I hesitate to post this card. I am not really sure that I like the way that it turned out, but then I thought maybe someone would see it and could tell me how I could have made it better. So I would love any comments you would have!


I stamped the scene with versamark and then white heat embossed the entire thing. I then attempted to watercolor the picture. That is what I am not too fond of. I think that the watercoloring it a little flat and I don't know where it went wrong.  I tried to go in with some watercolor pencils to add some contrast. I think that helped a little bit but still not my best work.


Please give me advice on what you think. Also, note that my sailboats are stamped crooked and I tried to work with that as well.  I was not gonna give up on this card.  I think that it is a great idea to post cards that we don't think are our best. What do you think? So maybe someone out there but like this card, or maybe not. But it is what I produced today and I know that I learned things in the process and most important just enjoyed the time I spent creating! Isn't that why we do art? Have a fabulous day and go create your own work of art, whatever that may be. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment