Ornate flowers!


Welcome to stampin expressions! If you are new to my blog I wanted to let you know a little about myself.  I started stamping about 25 years ago and I became a Stampin' Up demonstrator 22 years ago. I am not sure where the time has gone. I started when my youngest was born as a way to spend time with adults who liked to create. I have enjoyed it so much through all the years. My favorite part has been all the wonderful friends that I have met through the years! I have really seen the craft of stamping change through the years and I have enjoyed all the different phases. If you are new I would love for you to say hi in the comments and let me know a little about yourself. Or if you have any questions let me know. 
Anyway, on to the card, which I am guessing is why you are here!  The new stamp set Ornate Flowers is a new release that will be in the up coming annual catalog. When I saw this beautiful array of flowers I knew I had to water color them.  


I started by heat embossing in white on water color paper and then put a quick wash of clean water all over the image. Then the fun part, I dropped in color using my ink refills. 


I made sure not to stay in the lines for a messy water color look. As it started to slowly dry I would add a little more color to areas with  more concentrated ink.  I really had fun with this and it was so therapeutic! Something I think we all need now a days with all the craziness in the world. 


Also, if you have visited my blog before did you see that I used the other half of my plaid watercolor paper? If you  missed that blog post check it out here! I picked the sentiment from the inspiring iris stamp set because it was nice and small. I didn't want to cover up very much of the water coloring. I have been making a lot of thank you cards for those who are still working and putting not only themselves but their families in danger of contracting the virus.  I love that so many crafters are using their God given talents to give back in so many creative ways. Thank you! 
And thank you for stopping by today! Stay healthy and have a great rest of your week!



No comments:

Post a Comment