High Tide!


Hi! So glad you are here! Today's card I CASEd a card from last years catalog. Do you still have all the past catalogs? I love to look at them for inspiration when I do not know what to create. The card today is for the priest at our church, he is celebrating 38 years of saying "yes" to his call. What a blessing he is to all of us. I thought that the sentiment was perfect. He does indeed shine the light of Christ to all of us!


If you have not checked out the new in good taste dsp, you are missing out. The texture on this paper is amazing. I stamped the lighthouse with smoky slate and then added some of sand and plants around it.


In the photograph that I took I am not sure why it looks like there are "x" marks to left of the lighthouse (there is nothing there). For some reason it only showed up in the close ups. 


For the sentiment I white heat embossed and then stamped the light in daffodil delight, sponged around it to make the glow and then used misty moonlight to make the greeting really pop. 


I stamped the sand with more of the smoky slate and stamped off a few birds. If you have not know what stamping off is, you ink up the stamp and on scratch paper stamp and then stamp on to your project. It make the image a little lighter, great way to get more from your ink. For the back layer of card stock I used the old world paper embossing folder with smokey slate paper. It had a lot of texture and so I used my bone folder to gently smooth out some of the wrinkles.
Thank you so much for joining me today. I had so much fun creating this card! I am so thankful for all the priests who dedicate their lives to serving us and saying yes to God! Have great day and I hope you have time to come back and visit again soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment